Customers can use their data for any number of applications that pertain to site selection, farm design, and forecasting or day to day operations of a farm.
Example applications include:
- Better design validation before site construction commences
- Better, more predictable wind site operation
- Gap analysis between performance potential vs. actual performance for use in service level agreement compliance, accounting, and manufacturer warranty claims
- Customized analytics to help with reporting to power offtakers, transmission system operators, regulatory agencies and joint venture or partner companies
- Upstream weather observation-based “feed-forward” scheduling for site operation planning
- Combining upstream weather observations with complex forecasting models to increase confidence in day ahead and intra- hour power predictions
Customers can perform routine calculations on a real-time basis as data arrives to the system rather than in batches. These calculations can also be augmented over time so that some users can start simply and expanding their analyses as they discover more applications of interest.
WINDataNOW is leveraging operating wind plants and technology partners to better describe the possibilities for using high fidelity, real-time meteorological data for wind farm site selection, design and operation.
WINData professional services comprise meteorological (“met”) system array design, tower specification, project installation and data integration to support end user wind integration requirements and forecasting data services. WINData has partnered with OSIsoft to develop “WINDataNOW!”, an advanced meteorological measurement system built on PI, for use as framework for tools used by wind energy system integrators, forecasters and plant operators.
OSIsoft delivers the utility industry standard COTS PI System, which provides secure access across various elements of utility infrastructure, from fuel source, generation, transmission, distribution, AMI, and below the meter data/information services, comprising a complete end-to-end view of the smart grid and utility “enterprise”.
In addition to the owner/operators, the PI system is used extensively by the various Transmission System Operators as the real-time basis for the EMS networks, integrating the various generation sources into the grid. The WINDataNOW! solution provides real-time PI to PI transfer of processed information directly into the scheduling coordinator and system operator environments.